5 Movies I Meant To See In 2009, But Still Haven’t Seen
Every year, I geek out about more and more trailers and see fewer and fewer movies. Part of this has to do with having a three year old at home and always forgetting to get a sitter, and part of it has to do with the general lack of money in my bank account, but at least some of it must have to do with laziness, right?
Well, who knows? But here, in no particular order, are five movies I meant to see in 2009, but still have not seen.
- Avatar: Everything I’ve heard indicates that this is a tour de force—except for the dissenting opinion of one of my brother’s friends on Christmas day, wherein he mentioned the concept of the uncanny valley to me—but there just hasn’t been time to see it yet.
- Sherlock Holmes: It’s only been out for a week. That’s an excuse, right?
- Watchmen: Uhm, yes, you may beat me with a wet noodle now. But I do have the ultimate edition on DVD waiting to be watched as soon as I get over my Wii addiction, so please don’t beat me too badly.
- The Princess and the Frog: Either it’s sad that I want to see this at all or it’s sad that I haven’t seen it yet, given the fact that I am father to a three year old girl who is obsessed with princesses.
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The first one being shitty didn’t stop me from seeing it, so what happened here? I don’t know.
Oh, and for shits and giggles, here’s a bonus sixth pick: (500) Days of Summer. Over the summer, I attended a workshop run by Academy Award Winner Ernest Thompson, and during one of our one-on-one conferences he told me I needed to see this film. That’s generally the kind of advice you take, no?