FiveList: Five Best Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavors
by Kara Kaloplastos
Who doesn’t love Ben & Jerry’s? Okay, but really? Ben & Jerry’s is my favorite go-to comfort food. Every time I go to the store with a friend, I get pretty serious—recommending this flavor and that flavor, proclaiming, “Oh, this flavor came out last month” and “They used to make such and such flavor, but this one is the closest you’ll find,” etc. So here it is! My top favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavors:
- Dave Matthews Band Magic Brownies – This ice cream is comprised of one of my favorite ice cream bases, black raspberry! It’s also blended with a sweet cream base, making the flavor soft and creamy, and then they throw in the chocolate fudge brownies. It’s truly magical.
- Coffee Heath Bar Crunch – Oh wow, what can I even say about this flavor? The coffee base is made with Fair Trade Coffee and they definitely don’t skimp on the Heath bar. Often I’ll pull out half a candy bar in one bite alone. Be careful when you eat this one, though. You’ll be awake all night!
- Half Baked – This one’s a classic. Can’t decide between a vanilla base or a chocolate one? You can have both. Can’t decide whether to have a cookie or brownie? This flavor is jam packed with brownies and cookie dough. It’s everything you could want in a single pint of ice cream.
- Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream – I always request my ice cream with a cone, but when you’re buying a late night pint, you’re stuck with a spoon. Don’t despair, though. This ice cream has a vanilla base with a caramel swirl, and the best part? Fudge covered waffle cone pieces! You’re covered.
- Phish Food – Another classic, but not for the faint of heart. This is my go-to for a chocolate fix. Comprised of a chocolate base, the marshmallow is super gooey and the fudge fish are so yummy and adorable. As mentioned, this flavor is pretty heavy, but in a good way.
What’s your favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor?