Worth Your Consideration 008 - A GF5 Linkdump
- We’re just about ten days away from the official launch of the iPhone 3G and Apple has thrown the hype machine into full gear. This morning, they brought back Bob the iPhone guy for another boner-inducing guided tour. Thanks to TUAW for the initial tip.
- Not to be outdone, AT&T has rolled out their own series of iReady video clips, including this one, for new customers like me. Seriously, I don’t know how I could possibly be ready to buy a cellphone without watching all of these preparatory videos.
- Mac Rumors was the first of the Apple-specific Websites to deliver the news to me that AT&T had announced their rate plans for iPhone, so they get the shoutout. It wasn’t immediately clear to me what an AT&T family plan with only one iPhone would cost (the price for a two-iPhone family plan starts at $129 a month), but this AT&T page made it clearer. As had long been rumored, people like me can “[a]dd a Consumer Data Plan for iPhone 3G to a qualified voice plan for $30 per month.”
- I also learned today that, when I buy my iPhone 3G, it will come packaged in a potato. Or, well, it will come packaged in potato-based material, that is. There is a joke waiting to be made about whether or not I would like fries with my phone, but I’m too lazy to make it.
- And, lastly, after reading this article on Colin Devroe’s site, I will make damn sure that I don’t spill anything on my new iPhone, when I finally get it. It turns out that even a small amount of moisture (from, say, sweat) may have been the cause of the iPhone deadspots problem that Colin was having.