We made an offer that will probably be refused. That’s okay, though. He’ll counter and we’ll probably end up at a good place and, Godwilling, we might just have ourselves a new home. The process is set up to go rather fast. According to the realtor, if things go as planned, we could be in there by the middle of June. That’s freaky. It’s also a very, very cool thing. We found the place that did it for us and we went for it. I couldn’t be happier.
It’s been a long day. This morning we did our Sunday chores and then headed over to Mom and Dad’s to hang with them for the day. We got to talking about the townhouse and saw that a unit in the same complex was having an open house. So, we all packed into the car along with Grandma and we drove back over here to Dracut to take a look.
They got a good idea of the kind of place we were thinking of and we got even more sure that this place was what we wanted. When we got back to my parents’ house in Chelmsford, we gave our realtor a call and set up an appointment to go check out the one that we wanted tonight.
We met up with him at the property and gave the thing a real thorough once-over. There was actually less wrong with it than we remembered (not that there was much wrong with it at all). I think that the bad things from the other places we saw yesterday all blended together. In the end, we decided to put in an offer.
We went to a Dunkin Donuts down the street to fill out the paperwork. Our realtor assured us that the first offer will probably get turned down, but I think we all had a good feeling that things might work out in the long run.
He drove off to fax the offer. We came back here. And now, we wait.