Boy do I have a story for you. You are simply going to love it. I promise you. This story is unlike any other I have ever told here before. It’s going to blow your freakin mind. It is that good. Well actually… good might not be the appropriate word for it. Shocking is probably more like it. This is gonna knock your socks off.

Of course you’re going to have to wait till tomorrow because tonight is my anniversary and while I may have been crazy enough to type an entry from Canada yesterday I am not crazy enough to spend the rest of my evening in front of this computer while my wife of one year is in the other room.

So please be patient. You’ll get something tomorrow. I promise.

Till then, read my thoughts on what happened a year ago today:

JonMartin and I got up pretty early, much earlier than the other guys as it turns out, but probably much later than the girls. We were showered and in our tuxes before any of the other guys showed up. Jimmy was the next to show up and he brought with him life saving hair gel that kept me from looking like a total ass in the many pictures that were to come. Billy and John ran a little late and then after posing for some candid pictures we made our way down to the lobby, where several of the ladies who were in the hotel for a singing competition were practicing. It turns out they sang for the girls as they came down later. Pretty nice sendoff if you ask me.

Limo ride was relatively uneventful except for the fact that the driver missed the exit and we had to turn around which made us later than we already were and set the whole thing back a few minutes more.

We got there and the boys started handing out programs while I rushed around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make sure everything was in order. In the middle of all of this, one of the nicest presents of all arrived: my friend Rachael, who I hadn’t seen in almost two years. That calmed me for a second but then it was back to panic mode. At one point I was even handed Stef’s vows cause no one was sure what they were or what to do with them. I handed them back and said, “I don’t think I’m supposed to see these.” One of Stef’s grandmothers was trapped at a hotel across town so we sent my Mom to get her. My Uncle Frank tagged along and to be polite, that must’ve been an interesting car ride.

Julee showed up with all of the flowers for the guys and for my parents, which were supposed to be delivered to the Alpine but were instead bundled with all of the girls’ flowers and sent to the hotel.

Everything began to take shape. The limo arrived and we took our places and as the girls walked over the bridge I began to get misty eyed. I think that was it for most of them. The moment they saw me crying it became sort of ‘license to ball’ for them. And then I saw her, my Stephanie and I don’t know that I’ll ever try to put to words that moment. I can’t even begin to explain how exquisite it was, her walking over the bridge to me, and then the two of us locking arms and stepping up to our gazebo, to our cathedral of pines. I’m looking out over the ocean in Kauai right now as I type this, and I just can’t find the words. It was pure magic.

It was pure magic with a heaping helping of wind, which prevented the unity candle from getting lit outside, and caused quite a ruckus with the microphone that was pinned to me. Overall though, nobody, myself included, really remembers any of that not so great stuff. There was so little bad about the day that we just remember that good stuff because there was so much of that.

We partied for four hours with family and friends, and then went off to a small gathering at my parents’ house before returning to the hotel for one last soiree with our nearest and dearest Bradford buddies. Then we retired to our suite, a “Duke” room. The Duke of Earl room you might say.

Nothing more to say about that.