We Read Bendis, Tin House, and Lots of Disney
Every Wednesday, I take a look at what my family and I have been reading over the past week.
This week, I read:
- more of Tin House #59, their spring issue on Memory, which I began reading last week; and
- All-New X-Men #22, the first part of The Trial of Jean Grey, a storyline I’ve heard nothing but bad things about from the Earth 603 Podcast, but that I’m only getting to now because my Marvel Unlimited subscription, though unlimited, holds back books for six months. So far, I’m intrigued, but I also know to be wary of Brian Michael Bendis and his trickery.
This week, my wife Stephanie continued reading
This week, my older daughter Kaylee started the third grade and got back to reading each night as part of her homework. She began reading:
- Jessie: Crush Crazy by Lexi Ryals, which, yes, I know… but it’s a chapter book and at least she’s reading.
And, lastly, this week at bedtime we read to our girls:
- Frozen: A Tale of Two Sisters;
- A Fairy-Tale Fall;
- Beautiful Brides;
- Sisters by David McPhail;
- Prince Cinders by Babette Cole;
- “Yertle the Turtle” from Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss; and
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose by Dr. Seuss.
Have tips on what we should read next? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.